Deep Oscillation Therapy Using the Hivamat ® 200
by Mary Fickling of Physiopod
DEEP OSCILLATION ® massage therapy originates from Germany. It is based on the principle of creating low-frequency and very gentle electrostatic impulses in the patient's tissue as the gloved hand of the therapist glides above.
The tissue is attracted and released between 5 and 250 times a second, causing a "kneading" of the tissue and a basic shuffling of the substance therein. Penetrating all tissue layers through the skin, sub-coetaneous fat, muscles, blood and lymph vessels, it also has clinically proven effects in the connective tissue.
Scientifically researched frequencies cause the excess inflammatory by-products, protein solids and build-up of lymph fluid to be powerfully and yet gently pumped out of the tissue, leaving the area free to embark on its natural healing process.
Reported benefits for the patient include:
- Effective in reducing pain and swelling
- Effective in reducing fibrosis, acute and chronic
- Reduction in bruising
- Stimulating wounds to heal (even open wounds)
- Stimulating flow of nutrients to targeted tissue
- Improving tissue quality
- Proven Cellulite (Gynoid Lipodystrophy) treatment
- Stimulating collagen production in the connective tissue
- Stimulating cell regeneration
- Lifting and Toning Facial/Bust/Buttock Muscles
- Naturally Improving Skin Elasticity
What are the fields of application?
- Occupational injury and everyday conditions associated with pain, inflammation, swelling and scar tissue
- Combined with Manual Lymphatic Drainage for Lymphoedema sufferers
- Combined with Manual Lymphatic Drainage for Post-Aesthetic Surgery Rehabilitation
- General and Surgery aftercare (from 1st day post-op)
- Non-surgical Cellulite treatment
- Anti-aging treatment for face-neck-décolleté (state of the art aesthetics technology)
- Pre- and post-operative Liposuction.
- Post-Partum problems including plugged milk ducts (stimulating milk flow), caesarian section healing, stretch-marks and back-ache
- Respiratory Problems
Is it painful and what does it feel like?
No, it is extremely relaxing and feels like a deep vibration is penetrating the body.
Is it like Ultrasound or Tens?
No, it is not. It does not require heat or electrical stimulation to achieve very effective results, making it completely safe to use over implanted pins and plates.
Does it replace other forms of therapy?
o, DEEP OSCILLATION® is not intended to replace other forms of therapy, rather to supplement and intensify them, obtaining the best outcome for the patient and the therapist.